The Dealcloser programme is designed to enhance the deal-closing expertise of sales professionals and equip them with the skills and processes to minimise deal slippage and uncertainty. The Dealcloser programme’s emphasis on value-driven solution sales and executive-level selling strategies ensures that the ability of delegates to manage and close large, important deals is significantly enhanced. This gives companies far greater control over their business results, particularly revenues and market share.
The Dealcloser™ programme enables participants to close transactions more quickly and effectively by:
- Understanding how to use a one-sheet sales process to exploit strategic planning and have control over important transactions
- Moving seamlessly between selling and negotiating to maximise deal worth
- Being able to position value conversations at the highest levels and interface more appropriately with key decision makers
- Understanding when and how to up-sell and cross-sell
- Recognising when to qualify out of deals that have little or no value
- Closing sales-driven deals in a shorter time period to increase revenues
The Dealcloser programme assumes that participants have completed basic selling skills and related courses (presentation skills, communication skills, etc) and have at least three years’ working experience in a direct sales position. The programme is comparable to an MBA elective module.
- Determine sales deal objective (closing which deal, by when, for what value?)
- Ascertain the customer's pain, reasons for pain, impact of pain on their business – which expose the customer's compelling reasons to buy (in line with b. above)
- Check the customer's power bases, and the sales person's coverage of these bases and the buying centre (decision makers and influencers)
- Identify the real decision maker (the "Highlander" – there is only one)
- Create meaningful business and personal value propositions for each buying influence and decision maker
- Examine competitor positioning and strategies
- Do a SWOT analysis on how to close the deal
- Brainstorm the next steps to capitalise on strengths and opportunities, and overcome weaknesses and threats
- Choose definitive next steps to action to close the deal
The didactic process of The Dealcloser programme uses is inductive learning via the Conscious Competence model. The theory of the course is supported by practical workshops throughout the programme. Real sales deals from the delegates' work environments are used.
Two consecutive working days.
TBD as it is dependent on the number of requests we receive.