The Da Vinci Institute of Technology Management provides a three-year Doctor of Philosophy programme in the Management of Technology and Innovation. The focus is on a business management approach. The full PhD programme provides for 360 credits at exit Level 8+. The purpose of this qualification is to recognise those who have the required competence to serve in transformation leadership positions in organisations (public and private, including self owned businesses) and the community at large, by enabling them to obtain a nationally registered and recognised qualification. A further purpose of this qualification is to produce life-long learners who are equipped to redirect existing thinking frameworks to facilitate sustainable socioeconomic transformation. This should contribute towards the development of individuals, organisations and the communities and equip them to deal with challenges related to the management of technology, entrepreneurship, the management of innovation, the management of people and systems thinking.
At the PhD Programme Level, people who achieve this qualification will be able to:
- Initiate innovation and change at a national level
- Integrate systemic principles into alternative designs and developments
- Incorporate the management of technology, management of innovation and management of people frameworks into new product/process designs and developments
- Make a contribution towards community development initiatives
The Learning Programme is specifically designed to enable members of an organisation to realise their true potential by:
- Challenging them to initiate innovative solutions for business improvement and socio-economic transformation
- Acquiring the competence to design a system and to develop technology and innovation related activities to meet transformational targets
- Providing personal development opportunities for them to contribute significantly to the development of wealth within the South African economy.
R 160 000 per person (exclusive of VAT)
Altron has its own entry requirements and each application will be considered carefully by the Bill Venter Academy Board to decide whether a candidate can enrol in the programme.