Details of Programme
This programme is presented over a course of 1 year at Stellenbosch University in association with the Engineering Faculty.
1. Block 1 (Date to be confirmed by Faculty) Programme Management
This module presents the essential elements of systems engineering by taking a lifecycle approach. The module introduces the most current, commercially successful techniques for systems engineering. Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
- Requirements Engineering
- General System Design
- Software Engineering
- Specialised Topics
2. Block 2 (Date to be confirmed by Faculty) Systems Engineering
Programme Management is the coordinated management of a portfolio of projects to achieve a set of business objectives. It takes the output from a company strategy and translates this into a series of projects to effect the changes necessary to support the strategy.
- Organisational Structures, Organising and Staffing, Managing, Working with Executives
- Importance of Communication, Time Management and Stress, Conflicts, Ethics
- Converting Strategy into a Programme Framework
- Portfolio Management
- Project Planning, Scheduling, Pricing and Estimating
- Cost Control, Risk Management, Change Management and Benefits Management
- Learning Curve Theory
- Contracts and Procurement
- Quality Management
- Project Integration Management
- Innovation Management
- New Concepts
3. Block 3 (Date to be confirmed by Faculty) Systems Architecture
This module builds on the system engineering module with advanced topics in systems architecture (conceptual design). Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis of Systems Architecture
- Synthesis of Systems Architecture
- Advanced Topics
Where and How:
Students are required to attend classes for 3 x 2 weeks block release sessions. Classes take place at Stellenbosch University.
R 41 265 per person for the course (minimum of 15 students)
Cost for travel and accommodation is not included.
Protea Hotel Stellenbosch, Technopark