Details of Programme
This programme is presented over a course of 1 year at Stellenbosch University in association with the Engineering Faculty.
1. Block 1 [15 - 25 May 2017] Programme Management with Corne Schutte & Neels Fourie
This module presents the essential elements of systems engineering by taking a lifecycle approach. The module introduces the most current, commercially successful techniques for systems engineering. Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
- Requirements Engineering
- General System Design
- Software Engineering
- Specialised Topics
2. Block 2 [26 June - 6 July 2017] Systems Engineering with Theuns Dirkse van Schalkwyk
Programme Management is the coordinated management of a portfolio of projects to achieve a set of business objectives. It takes the output from a company strategy and translates this into a series of projects to effect the changes necessary to support the strategy.
- Organisational Structures, Organising and Staffing, Managing, Working with Executives
- Importance of Communication, Time Management and Stress, Conflicts, Ethics
- Converting Strategy into a Programme Framework
- Portfolio Management
- Project Planning, Scheduling, Pricing and Estimating
- Cost Control, Risk Management, Change Management and Benefits Management
- Learning Curve Theory
- Contracts and Procurement
- Quality Management
- Project Integration Management
- Innovation Management
- New Concepts
3. Block 3 [28 August - 7 September 2017] Systems Architecture with James Bekker
This module builds on the system engineering module with advanced topics in systems architecture (conceptual design). Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis of Systems Architecture
- Synthesis of Systems Architecture
- Advanced Topics
Where and How:
Students are required to attend classes for 3 x 2 weeks block release sessions. Classes take place at Stellenbosch University.
R 49 500.00 per person for the course.
Cost for travel and accommodation is not included.
Protea Hotel Stellenbosch, Technopark