Business and Life Skills Coaching Course (7 days spread over 6 months)
This is a course spread over six months aimed at business and life skills coaching for senior management and executives. This programme enables the participant to become a professional business and life skills coach. The programme is accredited with the ICF.
Day One: Setting the Foundation for Coaching
- Pre-course measurement – knowledge business coach .
- Definition of coaching.
- Complete own Scorecards / Matrix.
- Deconstructing concepts: coaching, mentoring, training, therapy, team building and consulting.
- Types of coaching.
- Benefits of coaching.
- WHY become a business and life coach and the need to establish a coaching practice?
- Cycles in coaching/starting a practice as a coach.
- Positioning yourself in the market.
- Basic process of coaching - an outline.
- Coaching contracting (Individual and Organisation).
- ICF philosophy/standards of ethical conduct.
- Current regulating bodies Globally (ICF/ECCM/GCC ) and in South Africa (COMENSA/ CTASA).
- Coaching within the South African Context - unique challenges.
Day Two: Starting with the self - Creating self-awareness in the journey towards becoming an effective coach (A Life Coaching Process)
- Awareness of OWN values - Why important?
- Paradigmatic perspectives - own worldview.
- Ego states, scripts and games.
- Challenging OWN self-limiting beliefs and bedrock assumptions.
- Logical levels - your own IDENTITY as a coach.
- Own coaching Profile vs. the "ideal" coaching profile.
- Identify own Areas for growth potential - self coaching.
Day Three: Understanding the Subconscious Processes (The Psychology of Coaching)
- History of Psychology (from the Modernism to the post structuralism to the positive movement in coaching).
- Understanding subconscious processes.
- Positive Psychology and the Appreciative Inquiry.
- The OBS Coach House Paradigm of coaching (AI).
- Theory of learning (KOLB/VAK).
- Principles of adult education.
Day Four: Setting the Foundation for Facilitative Coaching
- Becoming thinking partners in the coaching relationship
- Rules of engagement
- What is communication (verbal/non-verbal)
- Building Rapport & Trust
- Listening on all levels
- Eliciting coachee core values
- Making questions work
- Challenging self-limiting beliefs of the coachee
- Challenging the "inner critic"
- Hot Buttons
- The Creative survival cycle (Stuff theory)
- Reflective practice and the role of reflection
Day Five: The Process of Coaching
- Triangular relationship (sponsor/coach coachee).
- Assessing coaching readiness for the organisation and the coachee.
- Coaching Process within the AI Paradigm (Strengths based).
Building rapport & trust.
Eliciting core values.
Setting a WFO (well-formed outcome).
GROW model as one of the tools in coaching.
Coaching the five D's within the AI paradigm.
- Understanding business strategy – alignment.
Day Six: Positioning yourself as a Coach - Aligned to the Company Strategy
- Understanding the company strategy.
- The value of the company core ideology.
- Coaching strategic alignment.
- Creating a coaching culture within a company.
- Branding yourself as a Coach (Marketing strategy).
Day Seven: Assessment
- Assessment of coaching competencies.
- Role play.
- Real life coaching.
To be confirmed
To be confirmed
To be confirmed