The SLD is a part-time course designed to assist managers whose experience and prime activities have been in a functional area. The objective is to give managers a broad exposure to the fundamental nature and process of management and human behaviour within organisations.
- To broaden the perspective of participants whose previous experience has been mainly in a specialist area.
- To provide managers with knowledge, skills and techniques that will lead to more professional management.
- To develop the ability to make sound and informed decisions.
- To increase effectiveness in working with people with different cultures and values.
- To increase awareness of the economic, political and social factors which affect business management in South Africa.
- Personal and Team Effectiveness Workshop
- Issues in Leadership
- Action Learning Project
- Principles of Strategic Management
Elective Modules (up to 4 additional modules can be selected):
- Principles of Finance and Accounting
- Principles of Human Resource Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Economics
- Principles of Operations Management
- Environment of Business
- Negotiation Skills
- The Legal Environment of Business
- Strategic Finance
- Strategic Marketing
- Diversity Transformation and Change
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Principles of Service Management
- Effective Coaching Skills
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Business Simulation
- Information and Communication Technology
- Principles of Project Management
Participants will be selected on the basis of their management track record and their commitment to career development. Previous tertiary level academic qualifications are preferable. Individuals who do not meet this minimum academic level must have the required experience at the appropriate level and will be considered on the basis of individual merit.
In addition to classroom work and syndicate meetings, attendance at all classes and syndicate sessions are essential to ensure full participation and contribution to the group learning process.
R 56 480.00 includes tuition, instruction material and refreshments.
Wits Business School in Johannesburg.